Oct 10, 2019
The EMGuideWire Team is visited by a prior crew
member, Russell Trigonis, MD! Join them as they
discuss how the patient diagnosed with Sepsis in your ED has their
care continued in the ICU!
- Start pressors with IVF (30-40cc/kg). NE at 7mcg/min
peripherally can always be stopped, but better earlier than
- Increase NE until at 20mcg/min, if still hypotensive, then add
a 2nd pressor like Vasopressin at 0.03units/min and 100mg
- Start antibiotics early and identify source. CXR, US lungs/abd,
UA, CT abd should all be considered.
- Procalcitonin is helpful for stopping abx. Doesn’t change ED
- Don’t order Vitamin C or thiamine in ED.
-Travis Barlock, MD