Oct 25, 2019
Join the EMGuideWire crew as they discuss some
tips and pearls on how to skillfully run a medical
- Preparation is everything. Get your staff, and get your
- Call out names, be redundant, and say what you are
thinking out loud.
- Don’t go for the tube! Supraglottic airways are quicker
- High quality compressions are life
- V-tach and V-fib are usually ischemic. PEA is usually
- PEA? Is it Wide or Narrow? Narrow - think
procedural. Wide - think chemical.
- Ultrasound is your friend. RV strain,
pericardial tamponade, and pneumothorax can all be quickly
- Wide complex (but not V-tach) is hyperkalemia until proven
otherwise. Provide Calcium Chloride (not
Summarized by Travis Barlock, MD PGY-1